The new era of technology brought with it new communication channels that have managed to change the way brands interact with potential customers and users. The use of this digital marketing strategy has several advantages that companies can certainly take advantage of to boost their brands.
Being a content creator you can earn money according to the agreements you make with brands or B2B companies. Usually a monetary payment or exchange is made for creating content and advertising products, all this will depend on the purpose of the advertising strategy.
Some of the factors that define how much a content creator can earn are:
- The popularity of the content creator.
- The platform you work on.
- Outreach and interaction with your community.
While these factors are not the only ones, we might consider them to be some of the most important ones, since in a way they make it possible to transform all that information into a single figure.
Another factor to consider important in conjunction with the above mentioned is that within content creators/influencers there are «categories»/»types», to call them in a certain way, according to the number of followers and the platform of use. So technically speaking, if you have more than a thousand followers, you might consider yourself an influencer.
- Nano-influencer: between a thousand and 5 thousand followers.
- Micro-influencers: between 5 thousand and 100 thousand followers.
- Macro-influencers: between 100 thousand and 500 thousand followers.
- Fame-influencers: between 500 thousand and 1 million followers.
- Mega-influencers from 1 million onwards.
As mentioned above, it also depends on which platform the campaign or ad is made on and prices are usually handled in dollars.
If we start with one of the pioneering social networks in this business model we are talking about Instagram. Lifestyles are shown either as services or products, and the well-known social network hosts thousands of instagramers with different segments. It is important to emphasize that Instagram does not pay anything for advertising, those who pay are the businesses or brands that are promoted through different influencers on Instagram, that’s where the money is, the more followers and more interactions provoked in their community the influencer, greater will be the profit that will generate collaborating, here we leave an approximate on the size of the influencer and what could charge per publication:
- Nano-influencer: between $10 to $100 per publication
- Micro-influencers: between $100 to $500 per publication
- Medium-level influencers: between $500 and $5,000 per publication
- Macro-influencers: between $5,000 and $10,000 per publication
- Mega-influencers: Celebrities: You don’t have an exact figure, but there have been cases where they have charged more than half a million dollars.
Below we describe an approximate of what an influencer on YouTube can generate by mentions on videos or recommendations of products or services from different brands.
- Nano-influencer: between 20 to 200 dollars per mention in video
- Micro-influencers: between 200 to 1000 dollars per mention in video
- Influencers of medium level: between 1000 and 10 thousand dollars per mention in video
- Macro-influencers: between 10 thousand and 20 thousand dollars per post
- Mega-influencersinfluencers: over $20,000 per post
However through video mentions is not the only way to generate revenue on YouTube, there is also the option to do so through Google AdSense and is that otherwise with Instagram, YouTube if you get paid every time a user sees a sponsored ad within your video, the longer you watch the ad, the more YouTube will pay you, the more that depends on the theme of your channel, as we mentioned before depending on the ad niche is the cost per click or cost per view that YouTube will pay you.
Once the subscriber counter of a YouTube channel reaches one million, the lives of its owners begin to become easier. These channels begin to find fame and to be recognized as influential in their niche.
1,000,000 subscribers might sound pretty, but these channels are not yet part of the elite group. There are now over 2,000 channels in the +1,000,000 club. Some of these are superstar channels, particularly official music channels like Justin Bieber and Rihanna, but many are just ordinary people who have built an audience on YouTube.
Very few people believed that this new platform, or not so much, could succeed, the reality is that in the last year this platform grew in such a way that several brands and influencers use it directly commercially. Some studies have shown that, if you have more than 10,000 followers on TikTok, then you can charge $100 or more per video.
However, there are some tiktokers like Loren Gray, Zach King, Baby Ariel, Riyaz Aly, Charli D’Amelio, Kristen Hancher who have managed to earn between 50 thousand and 150 thousand dollars for advertising. This all depends on the country you are in, as regulations, payments and contracts vary widely.
How do you earn money on TikTok?
- You can search for agreements with brands, as is already done in other social networks, in this way they will pay you for advertising their products or services.
- Promotion of artists’ songs, we have seen in recent months that many songs and even full albums of music have gone viral because some influencers generate content based on those songs, in such a case an agreement is generated with the artist and the tiktoker to use their music within the videos.
- In «live» TikTok, and it is one of the easiest and quickest ways to generate money based on the size of community you have, because during streamings it is possible to get «gifts» or tiktok coins that users send you and that they have to buy with real money, is the virtual coin of TikTok. It’s certainly one of the fastest ways to monetize with the platform.
What are the requirements to be part of the Tik Tok Creators Fund?
Tik Tok pays you money if you meet the following requirements:
- Be over 18.
- Have at least 10,000 followers.
- Have 10,000 views in the last 30 days.
If you thought that you can not generate money with Twitter you are wrong, and is that being a more discreet and peculiar social network you would think that way you can generate revenue with Twitter, here are some examples of how you can earn on this network.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Promote giveaways on Twitter
- Selling products through threads
- Brand-sponsored tweets about your products or services
- Prices depend on the type of advertising and whether it will be monetization or some kind of exchange that you will carry out.
How can you sell or generate revenue on Facebook? The platform has so many ways to monetize, if you know how to search on Facebook you can find different types of niches or segments where you can offer your product or services directly. Here are some ideas of how many people are already generating income through the platform:
- Facebook Page Facebook
- Group Ads
- Selling Well Targeted Facebook Groups
- or Videos with Facebook Advertising
Here are some ways and prices to monetize your content across different platforms. Content creation is not simple and less monetized, but gradually you can learn to the standards that are handled. This will also depend on your experience and your public relations, which is why content creators often have a managment team behind them to take them by the hand.